Re: [g-a-devel] GTK+ a11y

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 16:46 +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:

> > I also note that the icon view a11y implementation has been
> > broken for a long time. This code has been accepted into GTK+
> > under the premise that we would get help with maintaining it.
>
> I didn't know there was any a11y code in gtk+ proper yet,
> usually it's all in gail.  Could you explain?

The icon view a11y code was already inside GTK+, since we didn't
want to expose all the innards that would be required to do the
a11y implementation in gail.

The original implemenation was done by Padraig, but he is doing
other things now, right ?

The code needs to be updated to work with the cell renderer based
approach that is used in GTK+ >= 2.8. I started to look into that
myself, but didn't get very far...

> > Obviously, that is not happening.
>
> Obviously?  I don't know about this.

Sorry I the sound of my message was too harsh; I still care about
accessibility, obviously :-)

Matthias