Re: [g-a-devel] Happy patch bonanza

    EZ> By the way, is there a list of all free (as in speech :) festival
    EZ> voices?  In Debian we have:
    EZ>  - British English male
    EZ>  - Czech male (but not completely installable from Debian packages
    EZ>    because, if I understand correctly, of size)

The Czech voice is complete in Debian now.  The remark in
festival-czech/README.Debian is obsolete.

    EZ>  - American English male
    EZ>  - Finnish female
    EZ>  - Finnish male
    EZ>  - Castilian Spanish male

The Spanish voice contains some non-DFSG free part and is not present in
Debian (it's probably present in the non-free section of Debian
infrastructure).

    EZ>  - Italian male
    EZ>  - Italian female

    EZ> All these voices use latin1 except Czech which uses latin2, and already
    EZ> reports the coding attribute.

    EZ> Other voices are easy to patch: see the attached patch for the Telugu
    EZ> voice.  Are there other free non-latin1 voices around?

You can look at http://festlang.berlios.de/languages.html.  The list is
"overcomplete" (it contains references to non-released voices too), but
you could probably find other free voices not listed above there.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal