[g-a-devel] Natural language description of GTK+ widgets layout

Hi,

I am thinking about one new feature for gnopernicus which I can
develop as my second-year student's project. The idea is to take
advantage of how GTK+ works (widgets and containers principe) to
create a run-time description of widgets layout.

At short, I planed to use ATK and AT-SPI to fetch widgets tree from
window and then use filler (container) properties to learn about real
layout and construct natural language description of window or dialog.
At the end, generated description can be sent to gnome-speech or
Braille monitor/device.

As I said, I am planing to start working on this and I am looking for
any advice or comment. Do you think that this can be useful? As we are
working with C++, I need to create standalone C++ gtkmm application
first, but I am hoping that it can be ported and integrated in
gnopernicus later.

Bye,
Goran Rakic