Re: [g-a-devel] comosite based magnifier design

Hi Carlos:

Thanks for this information. I thought that COMPOSITE would already allow the redirection you spoke of, so it's interesting to hear that this is a new feature. I think we are thinking along the same lines now.

Best regards,

Bill

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes wrote:

Hi Bill,

I was reading some messages in the Xorg list about what is need to finish the composite extension. Somethings are very interesting.

When I talked about all that logic, it was because composite (now) doesn't have a way to you say something like this: "please redirect the root window to off-screen and include all it's child, except my magnification screen", but what I saw there is that we will be able to do it, so the problem to capture the screen becomes simple.

I'm excited, because this is what I wanted when I first start to think about an magnification program, but don't have the expertise to do.

Thanks,
Carlos.