Re: [g-a-devel] Interfacing a non-GTK application with AT-SPI

On, Wed Dec 13, 2006, Daniel Drake wrote:

[...]
> The other option which I have not yet explored is to create a C library
> to make my app interact with ATK, and then a Python module bridge so
> that my app can talk to the C library. I'm no so keen on this though, I
> feel that this architecture has enough bridging already...

I am doing it this way in papi[0], an ATK wrapper I wrote for python.
The object simply has to inherit from AtkObject and can pass the python
constructor optional arguments for the interfaces (like AtkEditableText,
AtkDocument, etc.) it should implement.

On the client side the interfaces just have to be filled, similar to the
GAIL approach. Thus you can easily set up complex AtkObject types for
accessbility and keep anything necessary for it in Python. The library
itself takes care of interfacing the GObject system and calls to your
implementations on demand.

Unfortunately I did not find the time (a small excuse for: "was too
lazy") to set up a good documentation with examples and all that stuff,
but I think most of it is pretty straight forward.

[0] http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=100329

Regards
Marcus