Re: [g-a-devel] Accessibility in Preferred Applications

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 13:49 -0200, Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Di�es
wrote:

> I don't think that the *Magnifier* option must be removed. I only
> think
> that gnome-mag can't be presented in it, since it is not a stand alone
> magnifier like kmag or others!

I had the impression that standalone "magnifier -m" provides mouse
tracking which is not to be confused with focus and caret tracking done
by a screen reader.  Different combinations of ATs and accessible
applications provide different levels of detail.  One should not assume
standalone "magnifier -m" is broken, but rather a the user is
requestiong a different level detail.

Under *Magnifier*, we could label it "Standalone GNOME Magnifier", and
under *Screen Reader* label it "Gnopernicus with Magnification".  The
end-user would select either one or the other.

I very much appreciating your help in this use case scenario.

Best regards,

George (gk4)