Re: [g-a-devel] [Accessibility-atspi] AT-SPI and D-Bus

Olaf Jan Schmidt, le Fri 04 Aug 2006 12:06:57 +0200, a écrit :
> [ Samuel Thibault ]
> > I'm just wondering: can't any corba implementation (other than ORBit,
> > omniORB or TAO for instance) be used by Qt instead ?
>
> I don't know. KDE stopped using CORBA because the people dealing found it too
> complicated to work with. Our evaluation is that the effort to do this would
> certainly be greater than using D-Bus.

But less than using ORBit (and bare with bonobo dependency), right? That
might meet everyone's need: keep at-spi in a CORBA protocol, so that
gnome and Qt accessibility work together, but avoid ORBit dependencies.

> It would also be no solution for the libbonobo dependency.

I don't understand this. Doesn't Qt using another CORBA implementation
would let it be free from bonobo?

Samuel