Re: [g-a-devel] [Accessibility-atspi] AT-SPI and D-Bus

[ Samuel Thibault ]
> I'm just wondering: can't any corba implementation (other than ORBit,
> omniORB or TAO for instance) be used by Qt instead ?

I don't know. KDE stopped using CORBA because the people dealing found it too
complicated to work with. Our evaluation is that the effort to do this would
certainly be greater than using D-Bus.

It would also be no solution for the libbonobo dependency. Bill Haneman once
said that working on this within the current AT-SPI implementation doesn't
make sense if we plan to go for D-Bus long-term anyway, and I agree with him.

I am getting the impression that the GNOME accessibility developers do not
care about making it easier to implement interoperability with Qt and KDE,
and would instead like push a libbonobo-based AT-SPI version into the LSB and
make people believe that all full-featured assistive technologies are GNOME
tools anyway.

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of