Re: [g-a-devel] Standardization and Interoperability Statement of Intent

Hi Aditya:

At the current time, DBUS does not support all the functionality we need. We are looking into the possibility of certifying to a DBUS back-end in the future, and it seems fairly likely that this will happen at some time in the future. However for the current time, the CORBA backend is the only one which will be ABI certifiable.

The notion of certifying primarily against the IDL is the direction we are heading, but because ABI compatibility is still valuable and important, there will be a need to certify against one of (possibly several) the officially recognized back-ends.

regards,

Bill

Aditya Pandey wrote:

Hi

This is a welcome statement of intent. But it leaves doubts on what exactly is the roadmap (implementation), as in bonobo is either dead or dying, so what happens to the implementation...is the accessibility code being changed for D-BUS.

In short, I could not find answers to what set of "base" libraries is going to be used, or is it that there would be multiple implementations all conforming to some IDL.