Re: [g-a-devel] Re: OO.o / new a11y bridge ...

Willie Walker wrote:

If/when the code is incorporated, I'm curious about the following:

  o Will there be regression tests to determine if the old (Java)
    and new (direct) methods are the same?

are you talking about manual or automatic regression tests here ?

Well...that's up to you. ;-)  The main concern I have is that the
event model, focus model, etc. (i.e., all the unspecified stuff in
the AT-SPI) remains somewhat consistent.  If it changes, then one
might as well write a new script.

Sounds like such scripts are a perfect candidates for regression test ;-).

    an assistive technology to determine versioning information so
    a scripting screen reader can adapt appropriately?

The toolkit name should be sufficient here.

  o If the old/new cannot be the same, will there be some way for

Sorry - I should have dug into the AT-SPI IDL more.  One can actually
use toolkitName and version for these purposes.

No problem.

Regards,
Oliver