[g-a-devel] key event simulation (was Re: gok: inquiry)

Raphael,

I think SPI_generateKeyboardEvent will do what you ask and it is documented here: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/at-spi/at-spi-cspi-Registry-queries.html

You might want to look at integrating the simpler keysynth demo program http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/at-spi/test/keysynth-demo.c?view=markup

If you build the at-spi you can run the program at-spi/test/keysynth-demo

(In GOK we do our key event stuff in gok/gok/gok-output.c. If you still want to embed GOK, let us know and we can point you to the relevant source code areas that will need attention. )

cheers,
David

Raphael Santos wrote:

David,
First of all thank you for the answer.
I would like to use Gok as a part of my aplication (embedded should be the
right word) where I will have a imput area and a screen-keyboad where people
can perform a search with a terminal.
My problem is that in windows I can use a API functiaon that is Send_key
that emulates a key-press event but I did not find this for Linux.
I appreciate if you can give some help or give some direction on how to
procede.

All the best,

Raphael Marcondes
Brazil