Re: [g-a-devel] AT-SPI, focus leaving and window IDs

Bill Haneman, le ven 04 mar 2005 17:33:02 +0000, a dit :
> Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >I'm not, because brltty doesn't care about toplevel windows, but only
> >about terminal widgets. I said "since other widgets may get the focus":
> >the user may open some menu, in which case the toplevel window is the
> >same, but the widget is different, and as such brltty should leave back
> >braille output control to gnopernicus.
>
> For your case it sounds as if listening for 'focus:' and then monitoring
>  'object:state-changed' events on the focussed terminal object is the
> best approach.

Yes, that's what I was saying, probably not clearly enough :)

> So it would be the responsibility of the client/terminal
> to tell BrlAPI that it has the focus.

I think this is weird, on bug&security point of view: if it is not the
server responsibility to know which client has the focus, buggued or
malicious applications may get things wrong.

> I think that text-mode applications have other ways of knowing when
> "they" have keyboard focus (in other words, when their containing
> widget has X keyboard focus).

I know ttys quite well now, and I'm really not aware of anything like
this. As "pseudo" stands for, the application should *not* know whether
it has focus or not.

Regards,
Samuel