Re: [g-a-devel] Re: AT-SPI, focus leaving and window IDs

[quoted lines by Bill Haneman on 2005/03/04 at 13:07 +0000]

>we expect ALL applications which care about
>accessibility to participate and cooperate in the at-spi environment.

I think it'd be unreasonable to require a text mode only BrlAPI application to
have a dependency on the graphical environment. I also think it'd be
unreasonable for the basic infrastructure to preclude the possibility of a text
mode only accessible application.

Right now, BrlAPI allows a text mode application to claim the braille display.
It knows which application should be in control of the display, or (the
default) that BRLTTY should be in control of the display, based on the tty
which is currently active. It'd be nice if this same capability were available
for a text mode application running within a terminal window. The default
within a terminal window would be that Gnopernicus is in control of the
display. If, however, a text mode BrlAPI application is running within a
particular terminal window then BrlAPI needs to be able to know/detect this so
that it can give control to that application while its terminal window has the
focus.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.