[g-a-devel] Re: [Accessibility-atspi] AT-SPI enhancement proposal

Hi,

Bill Haneman, le Fri 24 Jun 2005 18:20:22 +0100, a écrit :
> I attach a draft proposal for enhancements to AT-SPI which address a
> number of the issues recently raised on the list (and on
> gnome-accessibility-devel).  In particular, they include:
<snip>
> * Another new interface, 'Terminal', which complements the
> implementation of 'Text' for virtual terminals by better supporting the
> "line based" row/column model which terminal emulators and
> terminal-aware ATs prefer (for instance, BrlTTY).

Great!

I'm indeed not sure that isDoubleWidth would be useful: widths of
characters can be got from the unicode codes and they are not related to
the actual braille width anyway.
Where did that come from?

I'm wondering what setCaret() can do in a terminal environment. How can
it interact with the running application to get the caret somewhere?

BTW, I'm wondering how integrity may be ensured in AT-SPI: if an AT-SPI
reader calls getCaretColumn() and then getCaretRow(), how can one get
sure that the column hasn't changed in the meanwhile for instance (and
hence the reader should restart from the beginning)? (except checking
for signals).

Regards,
Samuel Thibault