Re: [g-a-devel] Festival will not work with gnome-speech 0.3.6.

Hi.  This isn't any help, but a friend who did an install of Debian
Sarge last week noticed the same problem.  I'm running Debian unstable
and festival with no problems.  Both Sarge and unstable are using
gnome-speech 3.6.  My friend rebuilt the Debian libgnome-speech package,
and it didn't help his problem.  For now, his solution is to use the
software DECtalk driver.
Sarge and unstable both have Gnome 2.8.
Like you, his Festival works fine from the text console.
          Kenny