Re: [g-a-devel] First impressions for gnopernicus 0.11.4

Hi Daniel:

Gnumeric and AbiWord don't provide sufficient support for ATK to be very accessible yet, it seems. You might try emailing the developer lists for those packages to let them know that screenreader users would like to have access to their software. The problems there are not with gnopernicus, but with the degree to which the applications themselves support the accessibility features of Gnome. Since both use Gtk+2, the basic accessibility "hooks" are there, but the Gnumeric and AbiWord developers need to implement ATK interfaces for the custom widgets which those apps use.

OpenOffice works with gnopernicus now. Evolution also works with gnopernicus, other list members will be able to tell you more about problems and workarounds. You'll need pretty recent versions of both packages for best results, as the accessibility support in Evolution, Mozilla, and OpenOffice is still improving rapidly from release to release.

regards

Bill

Daniel COTTO wrote:

Hello,
As you know/ I begin to test gnopernicus 0.11.4. This is very interresting./ // /So, I think that there are a big missing, / /abiWord and Gnumeric doesnot work. So ther are no office utilities availlable for now. /
/* Does openoffice work (or will work soon) ?/
/* Do you plan to improve gnopernicus so it can work with abiword at last ?/ // /For internet util I am tried mozilla (briefly due to my problem, ) and that seem to work (at last for a google serach). I have not tried Evolution, does it work./ // /Finaly good job./ // /Daniel/