Re: [g-a-devel] AccessibleText and caret

Hi.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 02:34:30AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Peter Korn, le Tue 23 Aug 2005 17:22:27 -0700, a écrit :
> > When it sees a caret event and also a text-insert event, it should read the
> > new character(s).  When it sees only a caret event, it should read the
> > character to the right/left (depending upon whether we are in a
> > right-to-left or left-to-right language).
>
> Ok, but currently, what is displayed on a 40-cells display is always the
> 40 caracters just before the caret. When moving the caret to the left
> for instance, the whole display is shifted to the right, so that the
> caret still remains on the last cell of the display.
>
> I expected that left caret moves would let the display as is and just
> "move" the 7&8 dots that represent the caret (or whatever aspect of the
> caret); and only when the caret moves left past the first cell, there
> would be a whole 40-cells shift.

I agree with you.  I would like to have the same behavior in Gnopernicus
that I see in the console.
In gedit, the caret behaves normally for the beginning of a line, but
then gets strange after the first 40 chars.  Since the caret ends up at
the end of the display with no data beyond it for context, it makes
editing really difficult.

          Kenny