[g-a-devel] Re: OO.o / new a11y bridge ...

Hi Michael,

michael meeks wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> 	Thanks for your feedback :-)
>
> On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 09:42 +0200, Oliver Braun wrote:
>
>>However I have some other feedback and a question for you:
>>
>>a) It seems that global focus notification is not working at all -
>>unfortunately it is not implemented in OOo yet, so the java bridge
>>traverses the full a11v hierarchy of a newly opened frame to add a
>>global listener to each object (unless it is below and object having
>>MANAGES_DESCENDANT state), listening for FOCUS and CHILD events.
>

> 	Ok - right, the code is really rather incomplete :-) as you notice.
> It's interesting that we'd need to create AtkObject peers for all those
> objects though because of that.

We don't need to create all the AtkObject peers, but the ones retrieving
the focus. I would implement the global focus listener as UNO object
only - it's a workaround and should go away at some day.

>  Also - from what I can see of calc
> (unless there is some deadlock) traversing all the cells causes some
> problems [ still debugging that ;-].

This is why calc tables have MANAGES_DESCENDANTS set ;-).

Thanks,
Oliver