Re: [g-a-devel] getVoices API [gnome-speech]

Hi Aditya:

Regarding gender: we would like to allow 'gender_unspecified' but by the time we realized that we needed it, we were in API freeze. We may add this to the 'gender' enum in the future.

The hard-coding of 'male' gender in test-speech.c is an error.

regards,

- Bill

Aditya Pandey wrote:

In getVoices API, I have to specify name, locale and gender (GNOME_Speech_Voice_gender) as part of VoiceInfo struct.

If a user doesnt care about gender and is interested in only knowing voice for a particular locale, how to go about it?

Also, I checked code for test-speech.c, and it has male hard coded even though user is asked for a choice (male/female). Is this intentional?

--
Aditya Kumar Pandey