Re: [g-a-devel] Java-access-bridge INSTALL Discrepency

Hi Janina,

Janina Sajka wrote:
I built the current java-access-bridge (from ftp.gnome.org) and ran into
a discrepency. I'm not sure what to do? Where does this file actually
belong?

The INSTALL guidance and the output of "make install" appear to be at
odds. INSTALL says:

(4) run make install; you may need to change permissions on the
directory $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib, or else manually install or edit the
file "accessibility.properties" in that directory.  Note that
this installation overwrites that file, so if it exists already you
may wish to hand edit it instead.

Setting aside any issue about "hand-editing" for the moment, this is at
odds with the current 'make install' which attempts (and, under Fedora
fails) to install this file in /usr/share jar.

Which is correct? Where does this belong?

You need two files to be in your accessible JVM tree.  They are:

  $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/accessibility.properties
  $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/gnome-java-bridge.jar

Since I update GNOME more often than I update my Java, I put these into /usr/share/jar and then make a sym-link to them.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team