[g-a-devel] Need help building RPM of java-access-bridge

I'm attempting to develop an rpm spec file for an rpm/srpm packaging of
the GNOME Java Access Bridge.  I've run into some issues with this task
and would like to compare approaches/ides with others.

I presume that accessibility for Java apps is still dependent on
the Sun's Java, and not the Java commonly provided by the various Linux
distros. But, how can one specify a requires statement for this in rpm?
I have not yet solved this important dependency issue. There is no .or.
logic in rpm for doing something like:

	requires j2sdk => 1.4.0 .OR. j2re => 1.4.0

I have also looked at the output of:

rpm -qp --provides

for each of the 2 Sun provided rpm packages -- but that is singularly
unhelpful, as there is no common "provided" component, mainly because
the Sun rpms don't really specify what they provide very precisely and
only repeat their package name.

This has sent me back to the rpm manuals looking for possible if then
logic or wild-card support that might get me to specifying this
dependency correctly.

It would be good if the Sun rpms managed this more appropriately,
though.Without more precise "provides" statements, the downstream
package builder seems relegated to hacks and work-arounds.

"

(4) run make install; you may need to change permissions on the
directory $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib, or else manually install or edit the
file "accessibility.properties" in that directory.  Note that
this installation overwrites that file, so if it exists already you
may wish to hand edit it instead.

--

				Janina Sajka, Chair
				Accessibility Workgroup

janina freestandards org	Phone: +1 202.494.7040