Re: [g-a-devel]Re: Selection and Combo Boxes

Hi Bill,

> I believe Padraig may be proposing that the selection-changed events
> would come from the "list child" of the combobox, which would implement
> AccessibleSelection.
> The intention of AccessibleSelection was that selection takes place on
> its direct children, whereas the list items in a ComboBox are more
> deeply nested.

Yes, that was the intention, though I think "assumption" might be more
accurate.  Given the way the API works, I'm not certain we can easily change
it, but it may be worth rethinking/revisiting.  Should AccessibleSelection
really be about selectable descendents (vs. only immediate children)?  What are
the implications of changing this meaning?

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team