[g-a-devel]Re: gnopernicus question: why only report selection on combox.

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 13:07, remus draica wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Because in other cases this event is followed by a focus: event. In case of
> menus after a selection-changed event for the menu a focus: event for new
> focused item will came. So, gnopernicus is interested by this event only in
> case of combos.

Remus:

I don't think you can or should count on this behavior.  Recall that we
DO NOT guarantee even the order of event delivery, and we certainly do
not guarantee that focus: events follow all selection-changed events.

If you wish to ignore selection-changed events for menus only, that
might be appropriate, but I think that it would be safer and more robust
to ignore "focus:" events that immediately follow selection-changed
events and which are the same as the newly-selected item.  That would be
a more general and robust heuristic.

- Bill