Re: [g-a-devel]c++ calbacks

Replying to myself with more infos :

Le Mercredi 15 Octobre 2003 13:22,
gnome-accessibility-devel bernard-hugueney org a écrit :
> (This is more of a general question regarding C libraries with
> callbacks, but maybe some people here have some insights to share.)
>
> I'm using At-spi with a C++ wrapper.
> My main app is in C++ and it registers C++ callbacks.
> So far, so good.
> However, when an exception occurs in the callback code, the progs
> aborts with no helpful infos (std::unexpected).
>
> I was wondering if compiling at-spi with -fexceptions would be
> helpful. (I'm recompiling right now to test)

Indeed, I now have the full backtrace (tested with mozilla) !

> I just hope I would have to recompile every gnome app :-(

I recompiled at-spi and gail dunno if the latter is mandatory.

> If yes, how about adding it to the makefile?

Question is still valid, know that I checked it *is* helpful !

> Any know downsides (maybe some size, I'll check it).

Of course, I forgot to look at the size before :-(
Dunno how helpful it would be, considering I do not strip my
libraries...

Bernard