Re: [g-a-devel]Re: gok 0.9.3 released - keyboards now i18n-ready

Danilo:

To follow up, for the time being there are some things you can help
with, regarding GOK's serbian translation (in addition to just
translating the strings from the po files):

* we need a serbian wordlist in UTF-8; one-word-per-line with
  no additional text is a legal format, but you could optionally
  put a frequency value as the second token in each line.
  In most cases we can read ispell files, but we assume ISO-latin-1
  encoding for non-UTF8 files, which may not work for Serbian, UTF-8
  is better.

  If you are using an existing 'free' wordlist it might be better to
  document the location in gok's README and use gconftool-2 to set
  /apps/gok/aux_dictionaries to include that file.

* at-spi needs to be patched to allow use of word completion for
serbian.  You can help by building at-spi with 'DEBUG', running it in an
xterm, and helping figure out which X keysyms are missing; GOK's word
completion relies on at-spi's ability to synthesize whole UTF-8 strings,
and at-spi's string synthesis routine is currently a messy hack that
doesn't include all the necessary keysyms.

You can help us identify the keysyms that are relevant and currently
omitted, and I can help patch at-spi so that word completion works for
Serbian.

_IF_ you don't need word completion, and can get by with only one
keymap, then I think GOK should work OK for Serbian if you provide the
necessary translation strings.  I realize this leaves some holes from
the user perspective, but we'll try to fill in them in as time permits.

regards

Bill