Re: [g-a-devel]Bug hunting

(Sorry for the previous post, hit post by accident :-( )

Le Jeudi 19 Juin 2003 10:28, Padraig O'Briain a écrit :
> Bernard,
>
> I will be very happy to try and resolve your problems. However, I

Thank you very much !

> do need a stack trace for the crashing program and if possible, a
Of course. I was jusrt wondering if I needed the latest (and greatest
!) versions. Anyway I could rebuild nearly evey relevant library ( I
'm only missong Glib now) in debug mode on the (up-to-date) Mandrake
Cooker box.

This allowed me to get a better understanding of my problem :
it not pretty :-(
First, let me introduce my goal :
I would like to log GUI <-> user interactions.
In order to get meaninful event description, I need the GUI context of
the event. (mouse button clic is not enough, I want to know it's on a
button "OK" of the window "Open file").
At-spi was the best thing I could find to do that.

At first, I tought that I could simply register for the events, and
when it happens, follow the linkage from event->source with
getParent().
Not so :-(
When GUI elements are destroyed, the links are broken too fast :-(

For now, I just decided not to collect the offending events, maybe it
would be possible to "pause" the closing app long enough...

Is there any plan for implementing this function ?

I'll keep you informed if I think I encounter bugs (although it may be
my fault :-( ). Sometimes it'not easy to find that I'm the culprit (
when eog segfaulted for example).

Now, for example, my code segfault in report_leaked_ref from SPI_exit
:-(

#0  0x73636269 in ?? ()
#1  0x400fdb1d in ORBit_free (mem=0x40013280) at allocators.c:213
#2  0x400fd9a5 in CORBA_free (mem=0x40013280) at allocators.c:138
#3  0x4001f43a in SPI_freeString (s=0x40013280 "") at spi_main.c:488
#4  0x4001f372 in report_leaked_ref (key=0x8097278, val=0x80972a0,
    user_data=0x0) at spi_main.c:422

Clearly I've done something wrong, but report_leaked_ref could be more
forgiving.

Thank you for the offer for help, and for the great software !

Bernard