Re: [g-a-devel]Nautilus menu labels

Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com> writes:

> Long long ago Peter Korn wrote:
>> Do you know what the AccessibleStateSet is for this menu?  (you can check it
>> with at-poke)  Objects that are aren't "visible" and "showing" should not be
>> rendered to the user via an AT.  If an AT is doing that, it is probably a
>> bug.
>
> Actually there are some explicit exceptions, particularly for GOK.
> Since GOK is about providing a high-efficiency interface for users who
> can't readily enter keyboard commands, GOK exposes certain kinds of
> 'hidden' UI elements rather than forcing the user to simulate the
> keyboard shortcuts for posting them.

I think the same will be true at some point for blind related
ATs.  We do not see the GUI anyway, so we really do not
care about visibility.  If some functionality is easily accessible
by activating a "hidden" object, it is IMHO preferable to
having to navigate the desktop and manually do things which are
visually oriented.

I can not provide a concrete example for this yet, but
I do have the strong feeling that this is true.

--
CYa,