Re: [g-a-devel]SPI_eventIsReady and SPI_nextEvent

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:

> On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 15:18, Bill Haneman wrote:
>> Sorry if this presents you with some problems in the meantime.  Can
>> Guile not run the glib mainloop at all ?
>
> 	Given that there are (were) working guile gtk+ bindings, someone has
> already done the work, and this shouldn't be difficult.

I've seen those.  Note though, that they are for gtk-1.2.
I tried to use the same trick (fork off a new thread in Guile,
and call the main loop from inside that) in my project with
spi-event-loop, but it hangs!

fzidpc73:~# spi
Guile AT-SPI Version 0.0.7
gspi> (use-modules (ice-9 threads))
gspi> (spi-init)
0
gspi> (call-with-new-thread spi-event-loop %thread-handler)

However, here it hangs, and I do not get my prompt back.

> 	This shouldn't be an issue IMHO,

If anyone knows how to transform this into a real
Non-Issue, I am happy about input.

--
CYa,