Re: [g-a-devel]Re: Bug 89336

Hi Calum,

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 11:54, Calum Benson wrote:
> If it's really going to be hard to modify the keyboard accessiblity of
> bonobo toolbars so much, now is the time to discuss what might be a
> better solution, both from a user's and an implementation viewpoint,
> before toolbars are made accessible in gtk too.

	The only potential difficulty is if there is no public way to hook into
this focus cycling chain and/or the internal mechanism to navigate the
items. As I imagine you're aware the Gtk+ menu scheme uses a custom mode
with a chunk more code than I wanted to add to the toolbar, thus I tried
to re-use the focus code with very mixed results.

	All I'm concerned about is a) to remove the ugly hacks in the bonobo
code to try and do something that Gtk+ doens't do yet, and b) try to
ensure that Gtk+ does it in a way that allows a sane amount of code
re-use and the ability to hook non 'GtkToolbar' widgets into it, so we
can do the dock a11y stuff too.