Re: [g-a-devel]Providing more data with GNOME_Accessibility_Event: ABI vs API preservation

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 10:39, Bill Haneman wrote:

> There are two proposed approaches:
>
> 1) add a CORBA_any to the event struct;
> 2) add new API for notifyEventFull, new callback typedefs, a new signal,
>    and change clients over to the new APIs.

I chatted with Michael about this on IRC.  He pointed out that changing
the event struct in the IDL file should not break bincompat; also that
we should not expose CORBA API in cspi (of course).

The current plan is to provide accessor methods for Events so that cspi
listeners can query events of particular types for 'extra' info such as
text strings (text change events), object references (child-changed,
etc.).

I will post a draft patch providing the API to the list today. (unless
Michael beats me to it ;-)

-Bill