Re: [g-a-devel]Re: keyboard click and a11y

On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 15:19, jacob berkman wrote:

> if the feature needs to stay for a11y reasons, i'd rather it then be in
> the a11y capplet, as it will be less visible there.

I've no problem with that in theory; however it will be a bit of a
conundrum to figure out how to integrate it with the other key-beep
thingies which AccessX provides (for somewhat different purposes).  Ugh.

At any rate I wouldn't put it in the Accessibility/Keyboard capplet
notebook page since it could conflict and confuse.

I know we sort of deprecated the window manager sounds thing, but
doesn't it seem that what we really need is a sort of "gnome event
sounds" capplet that would eventually allow the restoration of WM sounds
and the like?  If that's the best approach then perhaps this should wait
until 2.0.X and we could keep the keyclick feature in the meantime as a
CLI-only gconf feature for those who really want/need it.

-Bill