Re: [g-a-devel]Accessible* validity

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 16:28, David Bolter wrote:
> Is there someway I could ask the at-spi if a given accessible* is valid
> for debugging purposes?
> e.g.
> boolean Accessible_isValid(Accessible* accessible); // looks in the hash
> table and returns TRUE if it exists...

Well, you'd want to know if the object was alive as well, wouldn't you?

I am not sure why you want to know only if the object is in the
hashtable, rather than whether the object is a valid object reference
that is still "alive".

There is some API available that's not exported in the headers at the
moment that might be of use.  One that's there already is

SPIBoolean
cspi_accessible_is_a (Accessible a, char* interface-name);

you could use an interface name like "IDL:Accessibility/Accessible:1.0",
if the result is false then the object is no good.

-Bill