Re: [g-a-devel]Usability - meat-grinder

On Fri, 2002-05-03 at 10:40, jagadeesh banavara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at meat-grinder application (archive-generator)
> from the usability perspective. I noticed that after generating the
> archive the save-results window vanishes without informing the
> user about the completion of the archive file creation.
>
> I propose to display a popup window describing the completion
> status of the archive creation.
>
> Please let me know your opinion.

Hi Jagadeesh:

This would work and ensure that the users saw the end result.
However if we wished not to require user intervention at
task-completion, we could add a statusbar instead.

In an accessibility context, the statusbar events could be monitored by
assistive technology to inform the user that the archive creation has
completed.

-Bill