[no subject]

I am not very clear if the bug is a GtkSocket/GtkPlug related or if
Panel should be somehow sending that event to Menu Bar's window?

Calum, could you also please tell us what you would expect for Menu Bar
Applet?

Regards,
Hema.

Padraig O'Briain wrote:

> Hema,
>
> I am not replying to the issues you raised in your mail, but rather the keynav
> issues.
>
> I have just made a change to gnome-panel/libpanel-applet/panel-applet.c which
> should fix the problem I described in bug 72952.
>
> When I run panel-menu-applet the focus is in the PanelApplet as none of the
> widgets in the panel-menu-applet can gain focus.
>
> We have a problem with implementing keynav for panel-menu-applet. The applet,
> essentially, consists of a GtkMenuBar whish is running in a different process to
> the panel.
>
> The normal way that keynav works for a GtkMenuBar is that the keystroke F10
> causes the first menuitem in the menubar to be selected. A recent change made to
> GTK+ allows Ctrl+Tab Ctrl+Shift+Tab to cycle through the menubars in a window.
>
> In our case, the panel-menu-applet is running in a different process to the
> panel and is displayed on the panel by using a GtkSocket/GtkPlug (or
> BonoboSocket/BonoboPlug, if you prefer). In any case, the menubar in the
> panel-menu-applet is in the GtkPlug (which is a GtkWindow) which is a different
> window from the panel's window.
>
> I think we need to discuss with Calum what he would expect to happen for
> panel-menu-applet.
>
> Padraig

------=_NextPartTM-000-3df37366-4083-11d6-a219-0000e22173f5

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

------=_NextPartTM-000-3df37366-4083-11d6-a219-0000e22173f5--