[g-a-devel]Installing an additional library

Hi Folks:

There is a library in at-spi (libat-util-1.0) that isn't getting
installed.  However one of our assistive technologies needs to use
it and would prefer that it be installed (otherwise their build
procedure is b0rked).

Are there potential objections to installing such a library? And
just as importantly, how frozen must its (limited) API be?  I don't
want to make any representation about it being "official" yet (or at
least don't want to guarantee bincompat) but it's packaged with
at-spi which is a "core" module.

I suppose I could split this out into a separate GNOME module but
that seems quite messy, when the "right" solution seems to be
to mark it as currently unsupported while retaining it in the module
where it logically falls.

Feedback is appreciated and needed.... thanks!

-Bill