Re: [g-a-devel]AccessibleText_getSelection

Well, there is no way in the current case to flag an invalid selection number. A boolean seems a reasonable enough approach for this...

Marc

At 12:34 PM 3/27/2002 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
Hi Folks:

This suggestion doesn't actually seem right to me.

see my comments below.

>Yes, this seems right.  does the CORBA implementation in libspi/text.c
>return a CORBA_boolean as well?
>
>Marc
>
>At 10:42 PM 3/21/2002 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
>
>>void
>>AccessibleText_getSelection (AccessibleText *obj,
>>                              long int selectionNum,
>>                              long int *startOffset,
>>                              long int *endOffset);
>>
>>         I'm guessing this should return an SPIBoolean to be
consistant
>> with the
>>rest of the API ?

This is a "get" method and in general we are not returning booleans for
them, we only use the boolean convention for "set" methods.

"get" selection should always return something, even if it's an empty
string without useful start and stop offsets.

Why was it suggested that returning a boolean would be consistent?

-Bill