Re: [g-a-devel]Activate action for TreeView cell

I understand your objections Michael-- but the use case I'm thinking of is that screen readers, for example, receive a focus event and immediately grab the name of an object in order to speak something useful about it. Requiring an AT to always query for a text interface and then call getContents on it seems a bit much. I don't have strong feelings either way, so...

Marc

At 10:09 AM 3/27/2002 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Padraig,

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 08:12, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> I made the change after the reply from Marc who was in favour of it. There is > not a 'name changed' signal but there is a property called "accessible-name" for > which a notify signal should be emitted when the name changes. I have not yet
> added the code to do that to gailtextcell.c but I will today.

I think that's a mistake - but I won't ramble on about it. Emitting two
signals instead of 1 when a name changes is inefficient. There are loads
of accessibles with NULL names, that could be set to other things - but
if you're not actually exposing more information than the GtkText
interfaces does then you're just creating confusion for ATs IMHO.

Having said that I just made Nautilus' file icons set their name to the
filename [ but that's very static honest ! ;-].