Re: [g-a-devel]Tooltips and accessibility

> On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 17:06, Marc Mulcahy wrote:
> > I think the description might not be enough in the case of magnification or
> > some other application which wants to draw attention to the tooltip, since
> > the description wouldn't give the tooltip's location.  i understand
> > Michael's discontentmet with showing a new GailToplvel when a tooltip is
> > displayed.  Do we have any other options between not giving any
> > notification, and notifying the tooltip creation as a new GailToplevel?
>
> 	Could we not make the tooltip window a child of the accessible that
> threw it up ? though that's most likely ugliness and pain, hmm.
>
> 	Sigh; possibly the problem with tooltips is not emitting
> children-changed on the application when a tooltip window disappears -
> or (quite possibly) the resources associated with the tooltip are not
> destroyed, just hidden thus the Atk objects hang around [ and I still
> very strongly feel that proxies for un-mapped GtkWidgets should not
> appear in the tree at all ].

I will need to put the tooltips window back into the list of children of the
toplevel to see what was (is) going on. The GtkWindow containing the tooltip is
hidden when the tooltip disappears from the screen. This _should_ cause it to be
removed from the list of children of the toplevel. I need to check about the
children-changed signal.

Is it possible that a refresh just needed to be done to remove the window. Of
course, needing to do a refresh each time a tooltip is popped up or down does
not seem right.

Padraig