Re: [g-a-devel]Activate action for TreeView cell

Hi Padraig,

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 08:39, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> Following prompting from Michael, I have come to the conclusion that a cell in a
> GtkTreeView should have an activate action. This action would correspond to
> double clicking on the cell.

	Great :-) thanks for that, I can now play with gtk-demo more
effectively.

> The patch to implement the action is attached.

	Looks fine.

> When using at-poke I have noticed that the table cells report no name. Should we
> report the text associated with the cell as the name in a similar way as we do
> for a GtkLabel?

	Well - my feelings on that are very mixed indeed. I think it might be
far more profitable to modify at-poke to set the tree's name to that of
the Text interface' contents rather than the other way round.

	The reason is that we have an AtkText:changed signal, so that we can
sync the contents of an AtkTextified object with reality, but there is
no 'name changed' signal. Thus I think for anything potentially more
dynamic than a label we should leave the name NULL. What do you think ?

	I'm happy for you (personally) to commit changes (such as the above) to
at-poke, send a patch to the list as you do if you would,