Re: [g-a-devel]Children-changed for Desktops

Yes, this is definitely the right approach. I'll work up a patch and submit to you and the list for approval before committing to avoid breakage again.

Marc

At 06:08 PM 3/18/2002 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Marc,

On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 01:42, Marc Mulcahy wrote:
> The commit I just made to at-spi to add "children-changed" event support to
> desktop objects is bogus.  I thought that simply emitting a
> "children-changed" on the backing AtkObject for the desktop was right, but
> this is broken since it only works if the ATK bridge is loaded.  I think
> the right approach is the one I started with but scrapped because I thought
> it was overkill.  add two signals to SpiDesktop "application-added" and
> "application-removed", and make a signal listener in the registry which
> listens to these two signals and emits appropriate events.

There should be no need to have the atk-bridge loaded in the registry -
in fact the registry shouldn't link to Atk or Gtk+ it should be a pure
GUI program ( in an ideal world that isn't riddled with nasty hacks for
X keystroke mess ).

Since you have the CORBA references to all the remote guys wanting that
signal, you should just let them know yourself directly, via an explicit
event emission.