Re: [g-a-devel]Event source's name == NULL

Hi Mukund,

On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 12:02, Mukund wrote:
> Is it something to worry about if Accessible_getName (event->source)
> returns NULL when an event occurs ?

	Nope - well; it means that the source Accessible is dead / defunct /
you got an exception on it.

	This often happens with the 'children_changed' signal which
neccessarily is emitted as object hierarchies are torn down, resulting
in the above behavior.

	What I watch for in at-poke is children_changed on the desktop
accessible - which means that an application got added / removed - at
which point I do Accessible_getName on all the applications I have
registered and bin any that seem to have gone away using the above
method to detect deadness.

	HTH,