Re: [g-a-devel]Patch for SpiDesktop

Hi Marc,

On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 06:47, Marc Mulcahy wrote:
> The code in spi_desktop_dispose doesn't make sense to me.  This patch
> seems in order.

	Be very, very careful.

	does spi_desktop_remove_application call any method that does a CORBA
invocation ?

	If so you just might have introduced a re-enterancy hazard.

	If that method does some list manipulation quite possibly you just
broke the list traversal since tmp->next will no longer be valid.

	It seems to me altogether reasonable that
spi_desktop_remove_application removes it from the list, the code is a
common idiom for a list free, and I don't quite know either a) how it
worked before if it doesn't remove it from the list or b) how it works
now if it ever did.

	Clearly it should remove it from the list so the patch is bad either
way ;-)