Re: [g-a-devel]Re: at-spi bridge patch ...

Hi Bill,

On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 15:18, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Looks good, please commit :-)

	Done,

> p.s. - what's the plan for how we bootstrap in the
> non-GTK+-only environment (i.e. for libs other than
> gail and atk-bridge, where we will use GTK_MODULES ?)

	Oh - ok, so the plan is that we shouldn't use GTK_MODULES, and that we
just enable the accessibility key in GConf via some pretty GUI dialog
once for the user, and then it's accessible all the way in.

> and what of the out-of-process component cases, where
> we want to ignore atk-bridge and use libgail-gnome
> instead?

	Well - that's more interesting, currently I'm loading atk-bridge for
everyone; hmm - that could be a problem I suppose. It's hard to detect
when something is being activated as a component; that is, we could in
fact do it by using bonobo_activation_iid_get to see if our process was
activated with the intention of extracting an IID from it - that would
seem a pretty tight approach.

	I'm hoping that this sort of hack will only live for the 2.0 lifetime
and that we'll have a more open and included set of accessibility code
for 2.2.