Re: [g-a-devel]Panel accessibility

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at making Gnome Panel accessible (except the keyboard
> navigation which is done by Padraig). One thing is that the buttons
> corresponding to the launchers do not have names. I was wondering if
> this needs to be done in Panel or in the application/applet itself.

The launchers are in the panel. Currently they (at least the ones for
GnomeTerminal and Netscape, which are the only ones I have used, do) have a
tooltip which usually describes the application to be launched. But the button
does not have a name, accessible or otherwise. I suggest that the accessible
name be set to "launcher button"; other suggestion welcome.

This can be done in create_launcher().

You also need to consider menu button and panel-widget.

Padraig