Re: [g-a-devel]Atk text interface for Stock Ticker applet

jagadeesh banavara wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the stock ticker applet I want to implement
> AtkText interface and a factory for gtk_drawing_area
> to read the scrolled text (Stock Information) by an AT.

One issue I have with this is that you should not use
a factory in this case; factories can only be
registered against GObject types, and thus you would be
registering a (new) factory type for "_all_ GtkDrawingAreas".
If you use this approach you must also change the stock ticker
to create a new subclass of GtkDrawingArea so that you can
register a factory for that subtype, not for GtkDrawingArea.