Re: [g-a-devel]Accessibility for Menu Bar Applet

Hema,

I am not replying to the issues you raised in your mail, but rather the keynav
issues.

I have just made a change to gnome-panel/libpanel-applet/panel-applet.c which
should fix the problem I described in bug 72952.

When I run panel-menu-applet the focus is in the PanelApplet as none of the
widgets in the panel-menu-applet can gain focus.

We have a problem with implementing keynav for panel-menu-applet. The applet,
essentially, consists of a GtkMenuBar whish is running in a different process to
the panel.

The normal way that keynav works for a GtkMenuBar is that the keystroke F10
causes the first menuitem in the menubar to be selected. A recent change made to
GTK+ allows Ctrl+Tab Ctrl+Shift+Tab to cycle through the menubars in a window.

In our case, the panel-menu-applet is running in a different process to the
panel and is displayed on the panel by using a GtkSocket/GtkPlug (or
BonoboSocket/BonoboPlug, if you prefer). In any case, the menubar in the
panel-menu-applet is in the GtkPlug (which is a GtkWindow) which is a different
window from the panel's window.

I think we need to discuss with Calum what he would expect to happen for
panel-menu-applet.

Padraig