[g-a-devel]Re: Something about AT-poke

Hi Mindy,

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 03:55, mindy liu wrote:
> I'm so glad to tell you that the "AT-poke" is more stable after
> following your instruction.Thank you very much. :-)

	Great :-)

> And during my using it, I find that there is no entry to set selection,
> there are several methods in AT-SPI AccessibleText Interface,
> I wonder how to test them?

	Yes - the selection interface is so far, under-represented :-). Problem
is, we're beggining to run out of vspace to handle all the different
interfaces. Possibly we should use a notebook on the RHS, and split
attributes as 'standard' and 'extended' - but that might not work well;
perhaps having 2 columns of per interface frames.

> In addition,  there are 4 buttons on AT-poke which labeled
> "copy""paste""cut""delete", I tried them. I don't know whether my steps
> were right. First, I selected a text string in the TextView window, and
> then click these buttons, the result was correct.

	Yes - that was the intention.

> But I think AT-poke
> should have some input area to input the selection start offset and end
> offset instead of just operating on text directly.

	Quite probably; the problem is making a nice UI that displays and
allows sane editing of an arbitrary list of text fragment offsets :) if
you can solve that - go for it !

	I'd be most happy to have support for the selection interface; it's
really not so difficult to add; just fire up glade on the glade file,
add some placeholders and populate them in the code as we do with the
other bits.