Re: [g-a-devel]Writing Printer Drivers
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: "John J. Boyer" <director chpi org>
- Cc: accessibility mailing list <gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [g-a-devel]Writing Printer Drivers
- Date: 25 Jul 2002 11:55:38 -0400
On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 11:29, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I am writing a driver for the Tiger Advantage Tactile Graphics Embosser.
> This is somewhat similar to writing a driver for a laser printer. Which
> parts of the Gnome documentation would be most useful. Some good
> references from the experts could save me a lot of time.
There is no printing support for widgets - since it turns out that
mostly people don't want to print widgets, unless they want appalling
There is a gnome-print module / project that provides a nice
post-script type API for gnome with pluggable backends print to
PDF/Image/Postscript etc. that you might want to look at, checkout the
'gnome-print' module in CVS. Or subscribe the the mailing list linked
from www.gnome.org somewhere.
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev