Re: [g-a-devel]Writing Printer Drivers

Hi John,

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 11:29, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I am writing a driver for the Tiger Advantage Tactile Graphics Embosser.
> This is somewhat similar to writing a driver for a laser printer. Which
> parts of the Gnome documentation would be most useful. Some good
> references from the experts could save me a lot of time.

	There is no printing support for widgets - since it turns out that
mostly people don't want to print widgets, unless they want appalling
quality output.

	There is a gnome-print module / project that provides a nice
post-script type API for gnome with pluggable backends print to
PDF/Image/Postscript etc. that you might want to look at, checkout the
'gnome-print' module in CVS. Or subscribe the the mailing list linked
from www.gnome.org somewhere.

	HTH,