[g-a-devel]Re: More on Keyboard moves in Panel

Calum Benson wrote:

> Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> >
> > 1) When the object is moved, the move mode does not remain active as it was not
> > active in the first place as the move is done when the ButtonWidget has focus.
> > To adjust the position in the new panel it will be necessary to focus the
> > ButtonWidget in the new panel and use the keystrokes implemented earlier to move
> > objects.
>
> Hmm, that is rather unfortunate.  If there's no way around this I'd
> almost rather only provide the "move/copy to" menu item on the object's
> context menu that you mention below... I think only being able to move
> an object by one panel at a time could be more frustrating than useful,
> and we'll probably only keep getting bug reports about it  :)  Anybody
> have any other opinions/ideas on this?

Hi Guys: (moving this thread to gnome-accessibility-devel)

For what it's worth, I think that we can and should (as time permits)
support
"drag and drop" "Accessibly".  What I have in mind is for "drag" and
"drop"
to be exposed as AtkActions on drag sources and drop targets,
respectively.

It may not solve the issue with moving objects from panel to panel
via the keyboard, but it at least means that an alternative to
mouse-mode
drag and drop can be provided.

For some gestures it may be difficult to provide keyboard equivalents,
except via context menus as has already been mentioned.

-Bill