Re: [g-a-devel]Re: BAUM Status Report Friday, January 18, 2002

Hi Draghi,

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 10:57, Draghi Puterity wrote:
> Our speech component architecture specifies the SR approach to a speech
> stack. It is similar to the architecture of the Braille component.

	I wonder how this is going to plug into gnome-speech; inasmuch that
re-inventing the wheel doesn't seem a wise plan, and it'd be nice to use
some CORBA interfaces for what you want so that scripting languages etc.
can access the speech interfaces independantly - accessibility will not
the only user of the speech functionality in Gnome - I hope.

> I have implemented this model using XML in order to be consistent with the
> Braille component. Take a look at this example:
>
>  <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>  <SRSOUT>
>   <VOICE ID="fcstrk" TTSengine="Festival" TTSVoice="kal_diphone"
> priority="0" preempt="yes" rate="80" pitch="100" />
>   <VOICE ID="kbd" TTSengine="Festival" TTSVoice="kal_diphone" priority="1"
> preempt="no" rate="120" pitch="50" />
>   <TEXT voice="fcstrk" marker="my_marker">Hello this is a Gnopernicus
> XML.</TEXT>
>   </SRSOUT>

	I'm not quite sure what XML is giving us here, that we couldn't do with
a property bag or somesuch ?

	But the design sounds interesting, especially the cancellation / queue
manipulation stuff.

	Can you expand ?